[Gluster-devel] Out of memory problem with 1.4.0qa5

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Out of memory problem with 1.4.0qa5
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:43:58 +0200

Hello,

I'm using NUFA scheduler with read-ahead, write-behind and io-cache
translators. I'm using x86_64 architecture. I have 3 servers that act both as
clients and servers.

I run bonnie++ benchmark. The machines are equipped with 4GB RAM so bonnie by
default use 8GB test file split into 8 1GB files. When doing read performance
tests, io-cache translator mmaps *all of eight 1GB files* into the RAM which
causes system outage as there is not enough free RAM or swap. This nasty bug
is present only on 64bit architecture because IA32 does not allow mmaping more
than 2GB space.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek