Re: [Gluster-devel] tar ball or svn or some other way to take a src snap

From: Joe Landman
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] tar ball or svn or some other way to take a src snapshot?
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 02:19:48 -0500

rhubbell wrote:
That was my first thought when I found out sunfreeware had no pre-built
tla.   I optimistically ruled it out when I thought I could build tla
on solaris.  But it turns out that trying to build tla on solaris
is a gift in disguise.  I'm thinking I will look at getting tla
to build then try gluster again.

The only success we have had with other FOSS tools on Solaris platforms has been using the Blastwave repository.

If you have a choice on the OS variant of Solaris, I would strongly urge Nexenta, as building FOSS is quite easy (it is Debian with a Solaris kernel). If it has to be pure Sun Solaris, then get the latest version, and use the blastwave tools to augment your system. If it is OpenSolaris, do a similar thing.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO