Re: [Gluster-devel] Re : problem running mysql on GlusterFS

From: Jake Maul
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Re : problem running mysql on GlusterFS
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:46:46 -0700

IMO, you'd be a lot better off to *not* be sharing MySQL databases
over glusterfs... I don't think performance will be good, and
databases in general have funny requirements for locking and such...

Look into MySQL replication instead. If you just need to be able to
*access* the data from both machines, MySQL already has good remote
access capabilities- no need to involve a whole extra layer. Just run
MySQL on one of them (with the data local), and access it from the
other directly.

Jake