[Gluster-devel] Re : problem running mysql on GlusterFS

From: mohan L
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Re : problem running mysql on GlusterFS
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:40:40 +0530

Dear all,

I have two machine(eg A,B) , i have installed  GlusterFS server on machine A and GlusterFS client on machine B  .In server machine A i  have created one directory  export under /tmp

# mkdir  /tmp/export
#cd /tmp/export

under export directory  created ten .c files (p1.c,p2.c,p3.c ...p10.c) . Then i am exported /tmp/export to client using the following volume spec file.

#server machine A
volume brick
  type storage/posix
  option directory /tmp/export
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes brick
  option transport-type tcp/server # For TCP/IP transport
  option auth.ip.brick.allow *
end-volume

#client machine B
volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.2.XX
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

#glusterfsd -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol
#modprobe fuse
#glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol /mnt/glusterfs

everthing is ok .Then i have created one data base named  company(the name of the data bese is company) in server machine A under this company data base creared one table name employee  . my database in server machine is located in default location /var/lib/mysql .
Then i mounted /var/lib/mysql/company  using the following volume files.

#server machine A
volume brick
  type storage/posix
  option directory /var/lib/mysql/company
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes brick
  option transport-type tcp/server # For TCP/IP transport
  option auth.ip.brick.allow *
end-volume

#client machine B
volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.2.XX
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

#glusterfsd -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol
#glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol /mnt/mymysql/mysql

Note :on my client B already i have configured default mysql path to /mnt/mymysql/mysql .

My problem is the employee table on server machine A is not mounted for me on client machine B .

Is there any problem in volume spec above ?  please any one can correct me?

or
my way is correct?suppose my way is not correct please correct me .

Thanks for your time .
L.mohan