[Gluster-devel] Problems with ioc again

From: Dan Parsons
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Problems with ioc again
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:00:18 -0800

I am once more having a problem with the ioc translator. Specifically, I upgraded the RAM in my gluster client from 4GB to 12GB. Under the 4GB configuration, I had cache-size set to 2048MB. That was working alright. Once I upgraded the server to 12GB, I changed cache-size to 4GB. After doing that, glusterfs proceeded to use every last drop of RAM, and all swap, on the system. Not right away of course, only after I read about, well, 12GB of data.

This behavior was repeated across all 33 of my gluster clients. Even back when it was set to 2GB, there were times when it would ignore that setting, and if you look through the mailing list, you'll find at least 2 people that had the same problem, and didn't get much support.

The ioc translator is an extremely essential part to the operation of my department. I really need this fixed ASAP- if there is anyone I can pay to do this, please contact me off-list, as it needs to be done ASAP.

address@hidden conf]# glusterfs --version
glusterfs 1.3.11 built on Aug 21 2008 11:26:38
Repository revision: glusterfs--mainline--2.5--patch-795

volume ioc
  type performance/io-cache
subvolumes stripe0 # In this example it is 'client' you may have to change it according to your spec file.
  option page-size 1MB      # 128KB is default
  option cache-size 2048MB    # 32MB is default
  option force-revalidate-timeout 5 # 1second is default
  option priority *.psiblast:3,*.seq:2,*:1
end-volume

Dan Parsons