Re: [Gluster-devel] Failing to compile on FreeBSD 8.2

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Failing to compile on FreeBSD 8.2
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:16:56 +0200

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <address@hidden> wrote:

> Emmanuel Dreyfus has been building 3.2.x on NetBSD (or OpenBSD), he may
> have some advice for you too.

Yes, I have, but it is bad news rather than advice. Reading the code,
one could think that FreeBSD is a first citizen: it is detected by
configure and there are many ifdef for it. However, my experience
porting glusterfs to NetBSD suggests that this FreeBSD code in recent
glusterfs is more or less broken.

Now some good news: I fixed a few portability problems when porting to
NetBSD, and the fixes have been committed in git (thank you for that,
glusterfs developpers), so restoring FreeBSD support should not be that
hard after all, provided one starts from latest source from git.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz