Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: Re: Rejected NetBSD patches

From: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: Re: Rejected NetBSD patches
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:36:22 -0400

On 04/30/2012 01:57 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
  As a result, obviously, it means that every use
in gluster has to be changed to dirname_r() or basename_r(), e.g. with
something like #define dirname dirname_r,

This is what I do in the unintegrated NetBSD patches.

Sure; I'm just perpetually annoyed that nobody uses weak symbols in system libs. If they did, it would make stuff like this a whole lot easier.

I would suggest that any files associated with this change be added to
.../contrib/<something-or-other>.

Right. May I add xdr_sizeof() from FreeBSD there?

Off hand, sure.

Although I don't know if that funky Sun license will be any more or less acceptable than whatever your previous proposal was.

I would also suggest that the feature test be #ifndef GF_LINUX_HOST_OS.
But note that Solaris' basename() and dirname() are MT-SAFE too, so
maybe #if !defined(GF_LINUX_HOST_OS)&&  !defined(GF_SOLARIS_HOST_OS)
instead?

Is the Solaris port of glusterfs really working?

Dunno. My inclination is to try and make a thing correct for as many things as I know about without regard to anything else. Or turn it around and make if #if defined(GF_BSD_HOST_OS) || defined(GF_DARWIN_HOST_OS), Either way, please use the appropriate GLUSTER GF_*_HOST_OS feature test. You'll get what you need and if/when someone else tries to make it work on something else it'll be one less thing they need to do.

--

Kaleb