[Gluster-devel] How to repair a 1TB disk in 30 mins

From: 任强
Subject: [Gluster-devel] How to repair a 1TB disk in 30 mins
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 12:46:08 +0800

Dear All:

  I have a question. When I have a large cluster, maybe more than 10PB data, if a file have 3 copies and each disk have 1TB capacity, So we need about 30,000 disks. All disks are very cheap and are easily damaged. We must  repair a 1TB disk in 30 minsAs far as I knowin gluster architectureall data in the damaged disk will be repaired to the new disk which is used to replace the damaged disk. As a result of the writing speed of disk, when we repair 1TB disk in gluster, we need more than 5 hours. Can we do it in 30 mins?