Re: [Gluster-devel] Feature page on Volume lifecycle extensions (aka Hoo

From: Deepak C Shetty
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Feature page on Volume lifecycle extensions (aka Hooks)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:21:34 +0530

On 08/28/2012 06:02 PM, krish wrote:
On 08/27/2012 01:42 PM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
On 08/24/2012 11:56 AM, Krishnan Parthasarathi wrote:
Hi list,

The following wiki page provides detailed information on "Volume life cycle extensions" or more fondly referred to as Hooks. Hooks are scripts/executables that would be run on the trigger of events like volume-start, volume-stop, etc. This allows admin to customise her volume 'deployment' work-flow. Of course it is not arbitrarily expressive/powerful
yet.

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Hooks

This (conceptually) is similar to hooks provided by oVirt/VDSM. I have a naive Q tho' How to enable/disable a hook for a particular volume ? Is it that if i don't set any key=value for a particular volume, the hook won't come into action. In other words hooks will use key=value to determine what they need to do ?
Scripts whose name begin with 'S' are enabled and anything else would be disabled I have updated the wiki with the answer to your question. Thanks for asking! (See http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Hooks#Detailed_Description)

Hmm, still not clear. Let me reword my Q.
Scripts that are enabled are not tied to a particular volume, rite ?
Assuming that, if a script is enabled, then it would run/invoke for all volumes. How do i control the running of a script at the volume level ? Say i need to run a script for all volume except one.. how do i control that ?