Re: [Gluster-devel] Rebalance Query

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Rebalance Query
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:23:21 -0800

Both rebalance and self-healing are actually run in lower priority by default. You can disable this "low priority" by:

# gluster volume set <name> performance.enable-least-priority off

Avati

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Paul Cuzner <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I was asked today about the relative priority of rebalance.

>From what I understand, gluster does not perform any rate-limiting on rebalance or even geo-rep. Is this the case?

Also, assuming that we don't rate-limit rebalance, can you confirm whether rebalance fops are lower priority than client I/O and if there are any mechanisms to influence the priority of the rebalance. Again from what I can see this isn't possible.

Cheers,

Paul C