Re: [Gnash] first alpha release of Gnash!

From: Pinucset
Subject: Re: [Gnash] first alpha release of Gnash!
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 13:11:24 +0200

A Diumenge 07 Maig 2006 02:15, Rob Savoye va escriure:
> The first alpha release of Gnash has just been made at version
> 0.7.1. Gnash is a GPL'd Flash movie player and browser plugin for
> Firefox, Mozilla, Konqueror, and Opera. Gnash supports many SWF v7
> features and ActionScript3 classes. Gnash also runs on many GNU/Linux
> distributions, embedded GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, non x86
> processors, and 64 bit architectures. Ports to Darwin and Windows are
> in progress for a future release. The plugin works best with Firefox
> 1.5 or newer, and should work in any Mozilla based browser. There is
> also a standalone player for GNOME or KDE based desktops.
>
> Gnash supports the majority of Flash opcodes up to SWF version 7, and
> a wide sampling of ActionScript classes for SWF version 8.5. All the
> core ones are implemented, and many of the newer ones work, but may be
> missing some of their methods. If the browser only displays a blank
> window, it is likely because of an unimplemented feature. All
> unimplemented opcodes and ActionScript classes and methods print a
> warning when using -v with gnash or gprocessor. Using gprocessor -v is
> a quick way to see why a movie isn't playing correctly.
>
> You can grab the Gnash sources from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/,
> or from Gnash CVS with the tag "release_0_7_1". Binary packages for
> Debian or RPM based systems will be available from your GNU/Linux
> distribution, and from whatever BSD variant you are using. Please
> report packaging bugs upstream to your distribution. If you think you
> have found a bug in Gnash, then you should file as complete a report
> as possible at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnash. Patches are
> always prefered to bug reports, as this is a community project. You
> can submit patches at https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=gnash, or
> email them to address@hidden
>
> Please include the operating system name and version, compiler
> version, and which gnash version you are using, in your bug
> reports. For bugs in the plugin, please also add the browser and
> it's version. Gnash does not support Firefox versions below 1.5.
>
> Questions about Gnash or offers of help can go to the developers email
> list at address@hidden

I'm trying to compile, i've done ./configure make and when i do make install
it gives an error:
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libgnashplugin.la' to a directory not
ending in /home/pinucset/.firefox/plugins
make[3]: *** [install-pluginLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pinucset/gnash/gnash-0.7.1/plugin'
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pinucset/gnash/gnash-0.7.1/plugin'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pinucset/gnash/gnash-0.7.1/plugin'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

If somebody knows anything :D

(I dont know it it is the correct site to ask for help), if not say me :)

Thanks and good work!

--
Jordi Pina (aka Pinucset)
Manresa, Barcelona