Re: [Gnash] gnash segfaults, firefox plugin does not work

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] gnash segfaults, firefox plugin does not work
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:53:22 -0600

strk wrote:
> Ok, so it seems that the problem is with OpenGL and threading.
> Also, it seems that not all opengl implementations suffer from
> this problem, as I can play elvis using threads here.

  Remember that to use OpenGL with threads means grabbing both the X11
and the GLX context, and switching them if a threads needs to access the
display. Course the parser shouldn't need to access the display, so as
long as only the main thread does all the displaying, we don't need to
handle switching the context.

        - rob -