[Gnash] Compiling gnash statically

From: Miriam Ruiz
Subject: [Gnash] Compiling gnash statically
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 00:59:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

As we want to put gnash into Debian Unstable (instead of Experimental, where
it is now), we'll have to deal with the ABI changes that will probably happen
intensively in the library until it is stabilized. Thus, we have thought that
maybe it was better to release it linked statically, so that we don't have
segfaults in upgrades later.

Thus, I've tried to compile it with configure options --enable-shared=no
--enable-static=yes

The first problem I've found is when compiling gui/ as it seems to be
depending on ../libbase/libgnashbase.la which depends in nonexistant .so
files. I could make a dirty hack but I think it might be better to fix it
properly, which I'm not really sure how. Any hints? Any ideas on this?

Greetings and thanks,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com