Re: [Gnash] testsuite failure with backtrace

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] testsuite failure with backtrace
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:22:44 +0200

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:56:23PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> make check in
> testsuite/actionscript.all/
> fails for me, and I get a backtrace. I sned the output in case you
> cannot reproduce the backtrace.
>
> As a general case, is it usefull to send make check errors to the list
> or is it just noise?

Segmentation fauts are surely worth mentioning.
I'm also interested in failures in the tests, except for
the ones under actionscript.all.
The problem with actionscript.all is that we first need to
verify that the tests themseves are correct. This means running
them with other flash players. This is possibly using
the 'onlinetest' rule:

actionscript.all$ make online-tests

you'll end up with 'visual' versions of the SWF files under
directories named after target SWF version. Only failures will
be printed in a textfield (gnash wouldn't be able to play them
as it currently doesnn't support dynamically created textfields).

Finally, your backtraces do not include line numbers, please
compile with debugging symbols and run trought gdb for better help.

Thanks a lot.

--strk;