Re: [Gnash] Time for a new gnash release?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Time for a new gnash release?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:01:24 -0700

ying lcs wrote:

> I thought all the functionalities to support using gnash to view
> flash-based video is already there. But there are some bugs which
> prevent it from work.  Is that correct?

  Yes, that's the point. Video is staring to work now in CVS, but of
course requires more debugging of everything else required. So it seems
that since this is a often requested feature, and about the only one
anybody seems to really care about, completing this debugging process
and then doing a new Gnash release makes the most sense. Doing one now
would be a huge distraction.

 It's entirely likely that once video is really "working", we'll spend
some additional time tweaking the performance, so I wouldn't expect this
to be completed in the next week. :-)

        - rob -