Re: [Gnash] gnash error handling when there is ActionScript error

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] gnash error handling when there is ActionScript error
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:51:27 +0100

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:34:35PM -0600, ying lcs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please tell me what does gnash do when there is an error
> during ActionScript execution? e.g. it encounters a action script
> which is not implemented?

It can raise a warning if a method is invoked which is not provided:

 WARNING: call_method can't find method makeDefaultConstructor for object
N5gnash16object_as_objectE (0x84869a8)
 (assuming makeDefaultConstructor is supposed to exist)

It can tell you that the method is not implemented if it knows about it.

 WARNING: MovieClip._focusrect setting is unsupported

It can think you made something wrong:

 ACTIONSCRIPT ERROR: Invalid call to ASSetPropFlags: object argument is not an
object: undefined

Or other unexpected behaviours.... If you found something please let us know.
Remember to run with -v and make sure you set these in your .gnashrc:

 # Be verbose about malformed SWF
 set MalformedSWFVerbosity true

 # Be verbose about AS coding errors
 set ASCodingErrorsVerbosity true