Re: [Gnash] gnash error handling when there is ActionScript error

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash] gnash error handling when there is ActionScript error
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:35:29 +0000

2007/2/11, strk <address@hidden>:
On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:34:35PM -0600, ying lcs wrote:
> Can you please tell me what does gnash do when there is an error
> during ActionScript execution? e.g. it encounters a action script
> which is not implemented?

It can raise a warning if a method is invoked which is not provided:

Unfortunately, unimplemented built-in AS methods are passed over
silently by default.
Unfortunately some unimplemented methods do not even have
"unimplemented" stubs; they are just totally and silently missing,
despite what the Unimplemented wiki might say.

If it's not possible at runtime to distinguish unimplemented
predefined methods and unimplemented user-supplied AS methods, this
might be one reason to make verbose reporting of calls to
unimplemented AS methods the default when -v since they are not AS
coding errors, but gnash errors.

I have yet to figure out where to do this...