[Gnash] Gnash Hackathon

From: MaryBeth Panagos
Subject: [Gnash] Gnash Hackathon
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:05:05 -0600

Hi Peter,

I will be organizing a hack-a-thon for Gnash this year. We might want to center it around a separate "open media" event as well. We had that hackathon at the Linux Hotel in Essen, Germany last year, and they provide inexpensive conference and accommodations for free software projects. www.linuxhotel.de
We could also center it around UDS in Prague in late May...

I do not have the dates or exact dollar figure worked out. Feel free to ping me and we can work together.

MaryBeth
address@hidden

I do not know how much money is needed, but I do know that developers gatherings (code camps), where the developers get together to code, design, plan and improve the code is very effective, and am interested in funding a few such gatherings. But I lack someone to organize it. Can you do that? Debian Edu and Debian can provide some funding, but trusted man-power to organize it is needed. Any volunteers? We in the Debian Edu community have much experience with organizing such events, so a lot of help, routines and infrastructure is available already. Happy hacking,
-- Petter Reinholdtsen