Re: [Gnash] Raw video/audio

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Raw video/audio
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:46:04 +0100

Hello Craig,

CK> I've coded up some kludges to get gnash to spit out raw video and
CK> audio.  It started as a desire to graft XVideo hardware acceleration
CK> into gnash

Excuse my ignorance... but what is XVideo?

CK> (even my Pentium 4 desktop drops frames when playing a SWF
CK> at full screen with AGG).  AGG only outputs RGB24,

It only outputs RGB, yes, but in many different formats.

CK> and most XVideo adapters require YUV;  the translation isn't
CK> 'cheap' -- ffmpeg's swscale code has inline MMX and SSE to do the
CK> job.

The AGG architecture is flexible enough to allow any kind of color
format. It's relatively easy to add a YUV pixel format. The tricky
part is implementing the matching blending and rendering algorithms
so. Not me, but some skilled AGG developer should be able to do this.

CK> o The video buffer is only exposed in the gui code at the moment, so
CK> this kludge only works in an arbitrary make (eg, gnash-gtk-agg).
CK> There is no natural point in the gnash player to access this
CK> information (AFAICT).

I think what you want to do *is* to create a new "GUI"..?

Udo