gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] GNOPPIX and Morphix colaboration

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] GNOPPIX and Morphix colaboration
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:39:24 +0200

@morphix-team: sorry for re-posting we've got problems with the mail
forwarding of gnoppix.org

----  original message follows ----

Hi,

  I just talked to alextreme who is the maintainer of the Morphix
project.

For the GNOPPIX folks:
Morphix already has an installer/partitioner and sone other neat tools;
everything based upon gtk2.

For the Morphix folks:
GNOPPIX is a linux live CD that's made to be as easy usable as possible.

  Alex and I were talking about these tools, because I had a look at
them and I basically like them except for some things:

  * there's lots auf autotool generated stuff in CVS
  * the ui is created in c from a glade file

  I'll take a look at the installer this weekend to make it use libglade
(this will make it easier maintainable and will remove lots of -- IMHO
unneccessary -- code).

  For all the people reading this: Alex and I do REALLY want to work
together as both projects will benefit from it:

Some GNOPPIX people are very familiar with the autotools and with GNOME
development. This can make the Morphix tools easier to be maintained.

The Morphix people already have some tools that are working and we don't
have to start from scratch with our stuff.

Besides that, both projects will benefit from this tool sharing by
having a wider user and developer community that can find and fix bugs.

Regards,
  Sven

--
Sven Herzberg <address@hidden> · Jabber: address@hidden