gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1132171] [distro review] Freenix: In sea

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1132171] [distro review] Freenix: In search of FSF certification
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:48:24 -0700

On Thursday, August 22, 2019 17:41:10 Donald R Robertson III via RT wrote:
> Great, I'm glad that wasn't too burdensome in the end. I took another pass
> and things are mostly looking good but just a few quick fixes.
>
> * On <https://freenix.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=11&start=0&;> and

This is just random people saying things in our forum. If you look at my post
(as connie), we are currently not endorsing any distros, but looking into
possibly doing so in the future.

> <http://freeslack.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start> there seems to be
> recommendations of distros that are not on the FSF endorsed list. Some of
> them, like ConnochaetOS and Uruk are interested in gaining endorsement and
> hopefully will gain it. But until then we shouldn't be recommending distros
> to people that haven't passed the criteria yet, and could potentially
> contain nonfree software or other issues.

ConnOS is EOL as far as I know, so we will remove this link from wiki anyhow.

> * It wasn't immediately apparent where users should direct reports of
> freedom issues. It would be good to put that information on the
> participation page
> <https://freenix.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=participation>.

This will be easy to fix. I will shout out again when we push these changes :)