gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1132171] [distro review] Freenix: In sea

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1132171] [distro review] Freenix: In search of FSF certification
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 23:19:12 -0700

On Thursday, August 22, 2019 17:41:10 Donald R Robertson III via RT wrote:
> On Tue Aug 13 17:15:42 2019, address@hidden wrote:
> > Internally, we've reached similar conclusions, and going forward, we
> > will
> > simply duplicate relevant pieces of documentation whenever we want to
> > publicize them among our users, rather than linking to third-party
> > Slackware-
> > related resources. At this moment, we don't have any such problematic
> > links
> > from our web wiki, and we will treat them as freedom bugs. Please let
> > us know
> > of any new developments :)
>
> Great, I'm glad that wasn't too burdensome in the end. I took another pass
> and things are mostly looking good but just a few quick fixes.
>
> * On <https://freenix.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=11&start=0&;> and
> <http://freeslack.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start> there seems to be
> recommendations of distros that are not on the FSF endorsed list. Some of
> them, like ConnochaetOS and Uruk are interested in gaining endorsement and
> hopefully will gain it. But until then we shouldn't be recommending distros
> to people that haven't passed the criteria yet, and could potentially
> contain nonfree software or other issues.

We no longer mention ConnochaetOS in the wiki, as they seem to be winding down
all activity anyway.

The public forum is where random people are saying things. That particular
thread had a super-misleading subject line, and I just fixed it.

> * It wasn't immediately apparent where users should direct reports of
> freedom issues. It would be good to put that information on the
> participation page
> <https://freenix.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=participation>.

The participation page now starts with Report Issues section. I can't believe
it wasn't there before, this was a really great suggestion.

Please let us know of any developments on your side :)