gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of softwa

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines"
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 15:05:27 -0400

On Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:24:24 +0200 Denis wrote:
> One of the issue is also that the discussion has been conflating several
> points together like running nonfree games, running free games, if
> games are important or not, how to write games, etc.

agreed - i remind everyone once again, the topic of this thread:

  "Adding some scummvm game(s) to the List ..."

On Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:24:24 +0200 Denis wrote:
> - We don't know any free games.

disagreed - we are yet to determine if the license of 'bass' is or is not
acceptable - that is the only reason why scummvm is being discussed in the
first place; but the discussion went completely off the rail 2 months ago -
discussion of scummvm itself is relatively trivial; and it apparently caused one
participant to unsubscribe - we should drop that topic for now, and complete the
job we came here to do

this discussion has exhausted my patience as well

we must not leave issues hanging like that - it is a fundamental problem with
this work-group today - there are already five other issues more important than
bass or scummvm which are left undecided since years ago - four of them, i
consider to be critical - "the List" itself deserves a long discussion of its
own

we need to strive for consensus on these issues, or we are doing nothing of
importance on this mailing list - so i ask again, may we return to the original
topic?

"is the license of 'bass' acceptable?"