gnu-misc-discuss

Fact: RMS is innocent - Re: Truth matters when writing software and sele

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Fact: RMS is innocent - Re: Truth matters when writing software and selecting leaders
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:59:23 +0300

* Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss) <936-846-2769@kylheku.com> [2021-03-25 15:35]:
> On 2021-03-24 19:13, Akira Urushibata wrote:
> > Richard Stallman recently announced at LibrePlanet that he would
> > return to the FSF board.  Soon after this announcement, many articles
> > appeared online stating strong objection to his return.
> >
> > I have read several of them and I do not like what I see.
>
> I see lies. For instance:

In fact, boycotters needs some intellect to negatively present
positive statements, and they need to know how to express their words
so that they "kick in" at casual observers, readers who never examine
the facts. It is good to stick to a fact that RMS is innocent and was
never accused of anything.

>     "RMS has spent years on a campaign against using people’s correct
>      pronouns. This is poorly disguised transphobia. [...]
>      The main page on his web site includes the statement that
>      “‘They’ is plural — for singular antecedents, use singular
>      gender-neutral pronouns.”"
>
>      [https://rms-open-letter.github.io/appendix]

Yes, I see that very positive influence on society, but now Molly
White, does not like it and tries to construe something negative out
of it.

> But the references given completely contradict this claim.
> Did they not read the material, one has to wonder.

It is easy. Malicious intent. Personal hate. Hate mongering.

> RMS didn't like "they" used as a singular, due to issues such
> as a ambiguities of reference (is the antecedent the two people
> mentioned, or just the latter?) He invented gender-neutral pronouns
> and uses them. Those pronouns carry no indication of someone's
> biological gender or sexual identity.

Of course, but trying to defend a fact against malicious intent will
result with another false fact being presented. Insane psychopatic
social justice warriors do not act by reason.

> The individuals and organizations who signed the petitition added
> their names under a letter that contains or references bare-faced
> lies.

Everybody is free to believe what they want, and sign any letters they
want. That speaks for them and their own behavior.

To better understand the nature of social justice warriors, here is
the reference:

https://www.deviantart.com/aristodes/art/50-Reasons-why-SJWs-Suck-575496053

Jean