gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14572] Protect gal_data_t's array and block poin

From: Antonio Diaz Diaz
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14572] Protect gal_data_t's array and block pointers
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #14572 (project gnuastro):

A 'subtile' is just a 'struct gal_data_t' initialized by 'gal_data_initialize'
with a non-NULL pointer as 'array' (the larger parent array). My suggestion is
to just wrap the gal_data_t's block concept (working with only a subset of the
data) in a set of handling functions that guarantee that the 'array' and
'block' pointers are managed as documented in lib/gnuastro/data.h.

I proposed an array of subtiles just to make it possible to define as many
tiles as are needed in a larger parent array. (It may be a linked list instead
of an array). The subtile array starts empty, and subtiles are inserted or
removed as needed.

'copy_subtile' is meant to ease the mapping of one particular region over a
different larger parent array. (First duplicates subtile, then changes array
and block pointers of the new subtile to point to the new larger parent array,
then inserts the new subtile in the new larger parent array).

Maybe you would prefer to use other name for the 'subtiles' (sub-arrays?).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14572>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/