gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #15094] Logo for Gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #15094] Logo for Gnuastro
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:16:38 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, task #15094 (project gnuastro):

Thank you very much Lids for the very interesting suggested logo. It is nice
and modern, while also keeping the GNU head. It is a good starting point, but
I think we are on the right path to converging on a good logo.

My suggestion is that (as we discussed initially), it is a little too similar
to the GNU Guix <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Guix> logo, and doesn't
have any particular relation with astronomy. In the case of GNU Guix (a
package manager), it creates a very relation with what it does: it is like a
rope that is used to package things.

One element that might help in the connection with astronomy is the Taurus
constellation <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_(constellation)>. It is
also the head of a cow! Maybe if some graphic design could be made with this
it would both be clear that we are GNU and that we do astronomy. It would also
be cool if we could add something to do with computers in it (like a digitized
constellation of Taurus!).

What do you think?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15094>

  Message sent via Savannah