gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #15094] Logo for Gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #15094] Logo for Gnuastro
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 14:58:11 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #4, task #15094 (project gnuastro):

This is getting VERY interesting/exciting!

Since this is a creative/brainstorming task, I am just writing as  I think, so
you might be able to build upon any part of it.

I really like how you built the constellations over the ribbon that makes the
GNU cow head! That was a great idea.

How about this? We can remove the ribbon, then connecting the stars of the
Taurus constellation (only the head of the cow, like the image below) with
random sequences of 0s and 1s to guide the eye in it being a cow's head with
horns.

https://starwalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/mar31-banner.jpg?w=726&h=288&crop=1

The 0s and 1s can be printed very small (but not too small) to be more clear
only on larger logos, but still faintly clear (as a digital artifact) when
printed small?

Further building on this (inspired from the image above where the cow is
splashing out of water), the 0s and 1s can be randomly placed over the body of
the cow, but as we come up the neck and over the head of the cow, they can
start to be ordered such that the cow's head and horns is all 1s, while the
background sky is all 0s. Ofcourse, this is all over the stars of the
constellation.

But I am just thinking that this may be a little too complicated for a
modern-style logo (where minimalism and abstract-ness is important).

What do you think?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15094>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/