gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #56859] Bad result and crash of MakeCatalog and Ta

From: Raul Infante-Sainz
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #56859] Bad result and crash of MakeCatalog and Table with PV parameters in header
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:49:53 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #56859 (project gnuastro):

I will try to describe the context and the work around.

I have the same data image but with two different kind of distortion
coefficients (SIP and PV). The goal is to estimate the sky background of the
image with PV coefficients and correct for it. To do that, I need to mask all
objects in the image. I do that by generating a mock image with ellipse shape
like objects obtained from the catalogue.

The problem is that I am not able to obtain a catalog from the image with PV
coefficients, which is the one I need.

The solution was to create the catalogue using the image with SIP coefficients
and then apply the mock image to the image with PV coefficients. Of course,
this is only possible because I have the image with SIP distortion
coefficients.

I hope the explanation will help to other people with the same kind of
problem.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56859>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/