gnuastro-devel

[task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary

From: Sachin Kumar Singh
Subject: [task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 03:47:29 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #22, task #15128 (project gnuastro):

After a bit more digging, it seems the WCSLIB doesn't have the functionality
for the desired inter-distortion conversions. I tried to convert the SCAMP
output containing PV coefficients to TPD. The results are attached in the
file. As can be seen, there are no real conversions due to absence of required
parameters in the input fits file.

So, it will be convenient and useful to focus on TPV to SIP(and vice-versa)
conversions for now. We can, later on, do the calculations to do other
distortions conversions as well:-)

(file #49170)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: header.txt                     Size:3 KB
    <https://savannah.gnu.org/file/header.txt?file_id=49170>

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15128>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/