gnuastro-devel

[task #16115] ds9.c: polygon expects ')' at end

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #16115] ds9.c: polygon expects ')' at end
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 10:32:31 -0500 (EST)

Update of task #16115 (project gnuastro):

             Assigned to:                    None => pedram

Follow-up Comment #5:

The branch has been rebased and merged into 'master' as Commit 7ac0c80a1378a
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=> (or on Codeberg
<https://codeberg.org/gnuastro/gnuastro/commit/7ac0c80a>). Here are some
comments to explain some minor changes I made before the merge:

* 'status' was renamed to 'good_polygon_format' to help in readability.
* The 'register' was removed from the definition of 'i'; and its definition is
now up with the rest of the variables. This I know this sounds strange, but I
originally done the same things my self ;-)! The issue is that according to
the C standard, the 'register' is optional and acts only as a hint to the
compiler for what to put in the CPU registries [1]. Generally, since the
compilers check the code before us, and we have enabled all optimizations, the
compilers are themselves better to distinguish which/when to put variables to
put in the CPU registry then us. So to help in code readability, its best to
simply ignore these things; which are mostly redundant now ;-): they were good
in the days C was written because compilers weren't too advanced.
* I also noticed that the line-width of your comment line breaks (when you
press 'M-q') are too narrow: when I ran 'M-q' on them; they became wider (and
still less than 75 characters). Did you use Emacs? In the top Gnuastro
directory we have a '.dir-locals.el' file to unify Emacs's formatting. For
some reason it hasn't be read!

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/578202/register-keyword-in-c

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16115>

  Message sent via Savannah