gnuastro-devel

[bug #63490] Crop not working with certain concave polygons

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #63490] Crop not working with certain concave polygons
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:02:27 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: sks_15
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Thu 08 Dec 2022 06:02:25 PM UTC By: Mohammad Akhlaghi <makhlaghi>
The '--polygon' feature of crop is not selecting all the pixels within some
special concave polygons!

To reproduce the problem on the polygon that this bug was found on, download
the attached 'polygon-1.reg' and run the commands below in the downloaded
directory (the first will just make an empty image to run crop on):

$ astarithmetic 1000 1000 2 makenew -oempty.fits

$ astcrop empty.fits --mode=img --polygon polygon-1.reg \
          --polygonout -opolygon-1.fits

Sachin, since you first implemented this feature I assigned this bug to you.
But if you don't have time, no problem, just let us know and I'll remove your
name ;-).

This bug was reported by Juan Miro; thanks Juan!

File Attachments:

Date: Thu 08 Dec 2022 06:02:25 PM UTC  Name: polygon-1.reg  Size: 343B   By:
makhlaghi

<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=54073>