gnucap-devel

BJT, was Re: [Gnucap-devel] Optimization

From: Al Davis
Subject: BJT, was Re: [Gnucap-devel] Optimization
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:43:22 -0600

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 11:12 pm, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> right now what I really need is the full BJT model that supports IC
> and evrything else.

The only thing that is missing, relative to Spice, is "PTF".  That is
due to a model compiler limit, which should get fixed this summer.

Initial conditions are mostly coded, but I wanted to get the release
out and didn't have time to fully test it, so I claimed "unsupported"
rather than wait any longer.  I have a heavy teaching load this
semester, that put everything else on hold.

Do you have any test circuits using PTF that I can use for validation?

I am aware of other published models.  What gets implemented will be
dependent on interest and funding.  The biggest problem with Spice
models in untangling the spaghetti code.