gnucap-devel

Re: BJT, was Re: [Gnucap-devel] Optimization

From: Fernan Bolando
Subject: Re: BJT, was Re: [Gnucap-devel] Optimization
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:25:20 +0800

Right now I can't give much of  a contribution. My plan is to make use of
gnucap and ngspice for my personal SMPS research. Once I have a good grasp
on algorithms and logic on both systems I will try to make a few minor
contributions as I encounter the need for them.

Both systems are very complex and I need one hell of a good luck if I want
to understand them.

wish me luck :)
,Fernan

                    Al Davis

                    <address@hidden       To:     "Fernan Bolando"

                    org>                  <address@hidden>,
                                          address@hidden
                    05/15/02 08:43       cc:

                    AM                   Subject:     BJT, was Re:
[Gnucap-devel]
                                          Optimization

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 11:12 pm, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> right now what I really need is the full BJT model that supports IC
> and evrything else.

The only thing that is missing, relative to Spice, is "PTF".  That is
due to a model compiler limit, which should get fixed this summer.

Initial conditions are mostly coded, but I wanted to get the release
out and didn't have time to fully test it, so I claimed "unsupported"
rather than wait any longer.  I have a heavy teaching load this
semester, that put everything else on hold.

Do you have any test circuits using PTF that I can use for validation?

I am aware of other published models.  What gets implemented will be
dependent on interest and funding.  The biggest problem with Spice
models in untangling the spaghetti code.