Re: AW: [gnugo-devel] Symmetry corrections

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: AW: [gnugo-devel] Symmetry corrections
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:44:29 +0200 (CEST)

Portela wrote:

> Hmm, aren't the pattern databases simple arrays ? Let's assume D201 and
> D1647 (just an example) have the same value, which one should get
> prefered ? If it's the first one, then the ascending order (the one I
> chose) is the right one, since D201 will have a "lower" address in
> memory. Else, I'm missing sth...

Sorry, I think I missed what exactly you did. I think it is fine to try
to tune pattern <> top_pattern comparison to get as many PASSes as
possible, whereas this does not make sense to me for the move <>
top_move. It's definitely good to have both comparisons though, as it
reduces tuning noise.

Anyway, it's not a strong opinion from my side, and I'll leave it to
Gunnar and you what to do.

Arend