Re: [gnugo-devel] more on dfa

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] more on dfa
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:47:47 +0200 (CEST)

Dave wrote:

> I'm not sure that's true : for many states, a board value of OFFBOARD
> (or whatever it is) will be a transition to the error state.

Well, I counted them:
In gnugo/patterns/:
grep "^{.*{.*}}" owl_defendpat.c >x
 (x now contains all lines with dfa states for the owl_defendpat_db)
wc -l <x
  33581
(That's the number of states.)
grep "{.*[,{]0[,}]" x | wc -l
   5629
(That's the number of lines that contain a 0 enclosed by a comma or
a bracked on both sides, but not at the first position where it would be
an attribute. IOW, the number of states with a transition to the error
state.)

For owl_attackpat.c, I get 17592 and 3909. For owl_vital_apat.c, 1077
and 580.

Arend