Re: [gnugo-devel] more on dfa

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] more on dfa
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:41:38 -0400

>Dave wrote:
>> While I'm here, I noticed that dfa.c contains both routines used in
>> in the main gnugo binary and routines used only in mkpat.
>>
>> Probably cleaner to split out the dfa construction routines into
>> mkdfa.c

It may be useful to generate the DFA as now, then at run-time generate
a larger DFA or more DFAs that either:
 - add rotations
 - expand the DFA to allow attributes to be removed
 - generate one DFA per point, allowing removal of the off_board state.

Point being, that sync_product et al may prove useful at runtime.

-Trevor