Re: [gnugo-devel] VC repair

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] VC repair
Date: 06 Jan 2003 10:45:13 +0000

Arend Bayer <address@hidden> writes:

> > It seems paul_3_15.4 breaks the VC build. Namely, VC doesn't like forward
> > declarations of arrays of unknown sizes. Declaring them 'extern' instead of
> > 'static' makes VC "happy" (oh well). I'm unsure this is the right thing to
> > do though.
>

> This causes gcc warnings when compiled with -pedantic. It correctly
> complains about the definition being static, whereas the forward
> declaration isn't.
>
> I am not sure about what to do either.

Probably a stupid question, but can the definition not be moved to before
any uses ?

I saw in some other code I've been working on that some compilers require
that forward statics be declared as extern, others as static. They use
a preprocessor macro FORWARD which is either 'static' or 'extern' according
to compiler.

dd
--
address@hidden          http://www.insignia.com