Re: [gnugo-devel] tactical attack cleanup

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] tactical attack cleanup
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:23:38 -0800

Evan wrote:

> So anyway, after a bit of a hiatus, I thought I might go finish up that
> long overdue tactics cleanup.  I don't have timings, but attached is the
> regression delta and node counts.  All the changes appear to be related
> to the change in the trymove setup, which now allows defender to pass, and
> force the reading deeper.  I would appreciate it if someone else could get
> CVS node counts and timings; I currently only have my relatively slow
> laptop functional.  If not, I can get timings sometime this week.

Could you explain more what the patch does?

Also, whenever you submit a patch, please submit ChangeLog entries
with it. For example, you add some new static reading functions and
these should be mentioned in a ChangeLog entry.

In http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-01/msg00108.html,
for example, the ChangeLog entries are the lines:

- atari_atari tuning
- influence tuning
- tuning
- test revisions