Re: [gnugo-devel] tactical attack cleanup

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] tactical attack cleanup
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:44:42 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> Evan wrote:
>
> > So anyway, after a bit of a hiatus, I thought I might go finish up that
> > long overdue tactics cleanup.  I don't have timings, but attached is the
> > regression delta and node counts.  All the changes appear to be related
> > to the change in the trymove setup, which now allows defender to pass, and
> > force the reading deeper.  I would appreciate it if someone else could get
> > CVS node counts and timings; I currently only have my relatively slow
> > laptop functional.  If not, I can get timings sometime this week.
>
> Could you explain more what the patch does?
>
> Also, whenever you submit a patch, please submit ChangeLog entries
> with it. For example, you add some new static reading functions and
> these should be mentioned in a ChangeLog entry.
>
> In http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-01/msg00108.html,
> for example, the ChangeLog entries are the lines:
>
> - atari_atari tuning
> - influence tuning
> - tuning
> - test revisions

Sorry, I should have referenced the original email.

This is the second half of evan_3_13.10, which needed revision.  Arend did
the defense half, this is the attack half.  It converts all the tactics
attack helper functions into move generators (eg special_attack2 ->
special_attack2_moves).  This makes the code more consistent, and also
prevents duplicate moves being tried in the few cases where the helper
functions generate the same moves as other parts of the code.

The original email is at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2002-11/msg00362.html

- Tactical attack code conversion

Evan Daniel