Re: [gnugo-devel] Two stone games

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Two stone games
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:04:25 -0700

> Arend wrote:
>
> > How about doing all these twogtp runs with --resign-allowed? If we
> > test it extensively in twogtp matches, and replay a couple of NNGS games
> > checking for resigns, we can IMO make it default for 3.4 without having
> > it tested on NNGS (which would require a patch to gnugoclient).
>
>I am running a twogtp match between two copies of 3.3.21 with
> --resign-allowed on both copies and so far there have been no resignations
> despite two big losses. Maybe the policy is too conservative?

The two files I sent contain many moves labelled B[qt] (first game)
and W[qt] (second game). These are surely attempts to resign
which were misinterpreted by twogtp. Presumably the first two
characters of the string "Resign" get translated into the off
board location R0. A third game containing such a move is
also a 115 point win.

Dan