Re: [gnugo-devel] update to break-in timings comparison

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] update to break-in timings comparison
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:16:19 -0700

>  In summary, the break-in code costs about 10% on average, and 20% in
>  worst case. It's still not as fast as I would like it to be, but by now
>  my impression is that it is worth it. Opinions appreciated.
>
>  Arend

I'm guessing that the file *.gtp.in replays the entire game.
Is that correct?

Could you post one of these files?

If we have a 10% increase overall, that is still a little
worrisome if the bulk of the increase is on moves where
the board position is complex, because it may mean a few
very slow moves, which can be aggravating to a human opponent.

Maybe the breakin code should be turned on at level 10 but
I think it should be turned off at low levels.

Dan