Re: [gnugo-devel] Attack and defense points for worms

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Attack and defense points for worms
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:34:09 +0200

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 22:19, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
> Inge wrote:
> > I wanted to touch up my old brainchild debugboard.
>
> Any chance to induce you to rewrite this with real graphics? While the
> current debugboard is an interesting proof of concept I don't find it
> practical and/or powerful enough to use for real debugging or tuning.

There is always a chance.  I have long wanted to learn to program for Qt/KDE
and this might be a good time to do it.  The question is only: will people
use it?  I have the feeling that most of the other developers are using GNOME
more than KDE, and to put a lot of work into it and then nobody uses it
doesn't feel very rewarding.

I would like to get some input from you developers:  What kind of graphical
debug tool do you want and what environment are you using?  What about a
simple toolkit like FLTK?

> > I noticed that attack and defense points for worms
> > (and the corresponding threats) only get stored for the worm origin.
> > Is this by design or is it a bug? I seem to remember that the worm
> > array was supposed to contain the same worm data over the entire worm.
>
> Sounds like a bug to me.

Ok. Shouldn't be to difficult to fix. I wonder how much this bug really
matters.

        -Inge