Re: testcases [was Re: [gnugo-devel] some mistakes]

From: max-d
Subject: Re: testcases [was Re: [gnugo-devel] some mistakes]
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:37:00 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Evan Berggren Daniel" <address@hidden>
To: "GNU Go development" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 6:44 PM

> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, max-d wrote:
>
> > It is not so easy for non Unix users to understand how to run testcases.
>
> >From the regression/ directory, under cygwin, does 'make all_batches'
> work?

maybe but  files in  ./doc come with lot of this kind of hieroglyphic...

To run a test suite ...
the shell scripts
@file{test.sh},
@file{eval.sh}, and
@code{regress.sh}
can be used. There are also Makefile targets to do
this. If you @command{make all_batches} most of the tests are run.

i can understand @file but what about @code ?
is it #? or something like that ?

what about @command?
is it a command used to invoke Sh.exe or to invoke GNUgo directly ?

> > I have put here a little utility which allows to do that from
windows/Cygwin
> > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gib.explore/go/WTST.zip
> > just drag any TST file on the wtst icon.
> > hope that is useful
>
> Not useful to me, but I assume it could be to windows users.  Is there a
> way other than drag and drop to specify the files?

sure !

And are you interested
> in contributing it to GNU Go?

i would be proud of this but...
i think that a lot of dan players just use windows and can't
have any look at the  *regression* folder.
So maybe it should be a better idea to make a special web page just for
gnugo *regression* folder and appropriate (tst runner ,tst viewer)windows
tools .

md.