Re: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo v.s. Many Faces

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo v.s. Many Faces
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:58:15 -0700

On Sep 2, 2004, at 8:41 PM, Gunnar Farnebäck wrote:

Max wrote:
Here is some benchmark , both programs played level 10
details are here
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/christel.sl/Go/mfg.zip

= MFG 34
= _GNUGO_3.4 36

Thanks. Not really statistically significant but it does indicate that
GNU Go and Many Faces probably are of similar strength.

In playing SlugGo against Many Faces I am quite struck by how
easy it is to get fooled by small sets of data. I am left with the feeling
that computer Go tournaments are not really a good measure of
the program's relative strengths, just because so few games are
played.

More SlugGo v.s. MFG data will be posted "real soon."

Cheers,
David