Re: [gnugo-devel] Log-Off : Bug Report

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Log-Off : Bug Report
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:02:47 +0100

Gunnar Farnebäck <address@hidden> writes:

> Shane wrote:
>> I have recently installed and run gnugo. It runs quite happily and very
>> well, however I have encountered a problem when attempting to 'log off' or
>> 'turn off computer'.
>
> I don't use Windows myself, so I don't have much idea what's going on
> here. However, in order to diagnose this further, it may help to know
> the answers to some questions.
>
> 1. Do you run GNU Go using the ascii interface or through some kind of
>    client (e.g. ggo, glgo, jago, qgo)? If so, which?
> 2. From where did you download GNU Go?

The only suggestion I can make is that there is a process still
running on the machine, and windows is waiting for it to terminate,
but it won't. (And Windows doesn't want to trouble with any details of
what it's doing...)

I would look at the process list in the task manager (right-click on
task bar at bottom and choose task manager, then switch to the
processes tab). The trick is trying to spot processes that shouldn't
be there.