Re: [gnugo-devel] Physics in Go

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Physics in Go
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:23:18 +0000

Le Samedi 5 Février 2005 00:13, David G Doshay a écrit :
> You can check out the link :
>
>   "Modelling Uncertainty in the Game of Go", by  David Stern, Thore
> Graepel and David MacKay
>
> on the web page:
>
>  http://intelligentgo.org/en/computer-go/resources/papers.html
>
> This will download a pdf file that uses methods from statistical
> mechanics applied to Go.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Thanks a lot for that URL with a lot of references, and the paper.
I read it quickly, hmm I need to read it slowly, and go back
to my scholar manuals ! At least that will be an academic reference.

At first glance, i m not looking in the same direction:
I try do build a "physical model", with coffee, milk, pepper, salt,
wood, stones, rope, waste land, mecanical resonators, compressible
and non-compressible fluid, go proverbs and a big shaker :)
(i think adding percolation/porosity, bubbles, combustion, and
solidification could help for _future_ improvements)

And my aim is to identify zone where something "move" or "should happen"
and that s is very funny and interesting :)

Cheers
Alain