[gnugo-devel] fuseki db again

From: Douglas Ridgway
Subject: [gnugo-devel] fuseki db again
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:01:02 -0600 (MDT)

Would it be time to bring up the fuseki db again? A few months ago I
submitted a larger one, based on 35k amateur games, but there were
concerns about the size of the source and binary, and it never got
anywhere. I haven't found time to rewrite everything to compress it, and
likely won't, but it'd be reasonably easy for me to generate a smaller one
given a target size. That loses some of the width/depth advantages of the
new, bigger db, though. There were also some ideas as to how to work
around the size issue, but no consensus.

Options I see:
  1. Put it in as is, large size and all, and live with the size.
  2. Put it in, and work around the size (gzipped source in CVS, eg).
  3. Trim the size by reducing content.
  4. Keep the existing database.

Comments?

doug.