Re: [gnugo-devel] fuseki db again

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fuseki db again
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:51:55 -0700

On 8, Apr 2005, at 10:01 AM, Douglas Ridgway wrote:
Would it be time to bring up the fuseki db again? ...

Options I see:
  1. Put it in as is, large size and all, and live with the size.
  2. Put it in, and work around the size (gzipped source in CVS, eg).
  3. Trim the size by reducing content.
  4. Keep the existing database.

Comments?

I think the right thing to do is to see over a large number of
games how much better the new larger database does v.s.
the old database. I am willing to do the testing on my cluster
after the end of this month. Each cpu can run a different
game and the data collects in a trivially parallel way.

Once we have the data the decision can be made.

My only concern about this is testing against which opponent?
If Many Faces is the opponent I am mostly limited by the number
of PCs I have for running MF. If it is thought that direct play of
GGdb1 v.s. GGdb2 via 2gtp is the right thing to do then I can
collect data quicker. We can also run some against MF and
some in nearly-self play.

Cheers,
David