Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo as Atari-Go program.

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo as Atari-Go program.
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:43:33 -0700

> First of all I want to ask if there are any legal/license aspects I should
> take into consideration? I hope it's not illegal to use GnuGo code in this
> way?

You should read the license (GPL) in the file COPYING. Basically,
if you distribute your program then you must also distribute
the source code for your modified program.

> But the most important is if I can count for any help from you? GnuGo is a
> huge project and all changes in source code especially at the beginning
> probably will be difficult so every tip will be priceless. I realize that
> there is detailed documentation for GnuGo but in most cases documentation
> isn't enough. Maybe you know about someone who tried using GnuGo for
> playing Atari-Go or you can recommend any Atari-Go programs (I've found
> only realy primitive ones)?

I think if you subscribe to the gnugo-devel list and post
queries, people will try to answer you. But there is also
a lot of documentation to GNU Go that you can also study.

It might well be that you have to add some functions to
reading.c, then your program will be easy to write.

Daniel Bump