Re: [gnugo-devel] Global Serach

From: Douglas Ridgway
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Global Serach
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:54:20 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Petri Pitkanen wrote:

> How difficult it would be to build a global alfa-beta search on
> top/into of Gnu Go?
> [...]
> Easiest could be some script language implementation built on top of
> modified GTP Ie. Special command that would request from GNU-Go list
> of moves together with their values.

Here's an implementation of that idea using Tcl:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2004-08/msg00110.html

It's not parallel like SlugGo is, and the evaluation function is just
GnuGo's score, but perhaps it's of interest anyway. Let me know if you
have trouble getting it going, I haven't tried it in quite awhile.

doug.
address@hidden